Monday, June 24, 2013

Questions to ask yourself

Okay, I'm working on the piece, "Is your artwork unique?  How to stand out from the crowd."  It's coming along, but I need time to really hone in on the issue, and refine the message I am trying to convey.  

Please be patient, as writing is not my forte.  

In the meantime, ask yourself these questions:  

Is my artwork unique?  

Is my artwork a reflection of me?  

Am I satisfied with the "message" I am trying to convey with my artwork?  By message I mean a feeling or emotion or a call to think about something when someone views your work.  What am I trying to say?

Ponder these quotes, and stay tuned!!


Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.  ~Pablo Picasso

Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in.  ~Amy Lowell

 To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann


Art is not what you see, but what you make others see. ~ Edgar Degas







 

No comments:

Post a Comment